Friday 23 July 2010

The First Drop Café, Redfern


Do you spot a happy punter in this photograph? :P

Recently I had the pleasure of trying this popular little cafe located on a lovely, leafy street in Surry Hills/Redfern. I had driven past on several occasions in the weeks leading up to my visit and had often thought to myself "Hrmmm... I must try that cafe one day!"

On this particular Sunday, Mr Ladybird and I were heading for breakfast at one of our regular Surry Hills spots, Cafe Zoe on Bourke St. However, after parking opposite the cafe and seeing its closed doors we realised - D'oh! Cafe Zoe is closed on Sundays! Without delay, we thought there was no better time to try a new cafe and so we headed straight for The First Drop Café.

It was very crowded but fortunately we only had to wait about 5 minutes for a table. We were quite glad to sit outside as it was a bit loud and crowded inside. It was a lovely, crisp and sunny winter's day outside, so sitting outside with our jackets on was very pleasant - a nice way to ease into the day. Shortly after seating a friendly waiter took our coffee order and we started perusing the menu.

I was impressed by the variety of breakfast dishes, with lots of options to take diners' fancy..everything from light and healthy options to hearty breakfasts to fix the worst of Sunday morning hangovers - not me though ;) The menu was huge. Being a typical Libran, I needed extra time to decide on what I wanted... Decisions! Decisions!

Our coffees arrived and they were niiiceee.. I am by no means a coffee expert, but they were smooth, creamy and not bitter at all.


Mr Ladybird enjoyed a vegetarian omlette with pesto and a poached egg nestled on top.


Oozing yolk...


I had the Breakfast bruschetta with mushroom, fetta and tomato with a side of scrambled eggs.


For two breakfasts and coffees, our meal came to around $30 -great value for the quality and service we experienced on the day. Yup - a great place for a nice weekend breakfast!


The First Drop Café
69 Baptist St, Redfern
(02) 9690 1611

First Drop on Urbanspoon

Ladybird x

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I wished I lived in Sydney to go down to Redfern for brekkie; it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was one of the best omlettes i have had in my life....and i am huge huge egg fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a late comment, but i only found your blog while searching for reviews on this cafe. Loved your LIbran comment - i have the same problem!!!
    The omelette sold me. I’ll be heading there this week to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could only wish I had the same experience on three occasions I've been there. Slow, rude employees, warm food, "thick cut toast" is actually thin sour dough .... Well priced and nice atmosphere though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous.. Please come and see us again. We would love to meet you and make up for this experience. Our new menu is up and running and we have the old favourites on there as well. We love the feedback and are happy to offer you free coffees on your return to us!
      First Drop Crew

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear you haven't had much luck at this place.. I haven't been there in a while, perhaps it's gone downhill recently - what a shame if that's the case :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ladybird and Hi Anonymous 8th April,
      I have recently discovered The First Drop and i have never seen a menu like this before. All the friends, family and innocent by standers that i have sent there have come back with great feed back and thank me for sending them there, I am also a Libran and know when we find a good thing its hard to let go and we like to share. So please try it one more time and if you are still not satisfied, well then i will let you egg me lol.But seriously cant fault it at the moment Food is great, service is great, price is reasonable and atmosphere is fantastic. Its my home away from home.

      Delete
  6. Hello First Drop crew,

    Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    Would be delighted to check out your new menu! Please email me at diaryofaladybird[at]gmail[dot]com to get in touch.

    Kind regards,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Permainan tembak ikan adalah permainan yang paling rame orang mainkan, apalagi jika pelayanannya yang sangat memuaskan bagi anda tentunya kalian pasti akan merasa sangat puas juga kan ?, bagi kalian yang sangat menyukai permainan tembak ikan bisa datang ke situs kami :)

    https://www.aplikasijoker123.org/

    https://www.aplikasijoker123.org/daftar-akun-slot-joker123/

    https://www.aplikasijoker123.org/login-joker388-slot/

    https://www.aplikasijoker123.org/joker123-deposit-pulsa/

    https://www.aplikasijoker123.org/download-joker388-apk/

    https://www.aplikasijoker123.org/link-alternatif-joker123/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails